Thursday 12 July 2012

#1

Dearest Jellybean,

A few weeks ago, my friend and her husband had a beautiful baby girl, Chloe Jane. It's exciting, as she's the first of the "new generation," and gosh, just typing that makes me sound - and feel - extremely old.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those people. I didn't grow up picking out names for my children (Okay, except for girls names, Rachel and Rebecca, if I ever have twins). I actually haven't given much thought to the idea of having kids. Do I want them or not? Do you? I wonder when we talk about this...don't worry, I don't think I'll bring it up on our first date, and if I did, well, I'm sorry. Maybe you don't even want kids. Maybe you're the kind who is great with nieces and nephews, but isn't so hot with the whole 24/7 daddy duty.

I'm rambling. I guess I just don't want our lives to be too empty and lonely. Not that I won't be thrilled to spend the rest of my life with you, but I've known some couples who have never had kids and you can tell that sometimes, it seems like something is missing. Kids are great. Kids are adorable. They're literally and figuratively a part of you - something that you leave for the next generation, once you're long gone. I guess I'm just saying that we should keep our options open.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.
Until we meet....

xoxo,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment