Saturday 14 July 2012

#2

Dear Jellybean,

I've really been into beautiful photography lately, ironic, considering I can never remember to bring my camera (and did I mention that my pictures come out blurry 90 percent of the time?).

I can't take good photos. Really, I can't take photos. Period. You probably already know this, don't you? Please tell me we hired a professional photographer for our wedding (and I hope we didn't do any of those cheesy shots, either!).

Anyway, I found this photo today. I was mesmerized (Is that how we felt when we met each other, or at least how you felt when you met me?). It's beautiful, isn't it (the photo, baby, not me)?


[Courtesy of Grace]

People (mostly on this blog) have told me that I'm a hopeless hopeless romantic, that real-life love isn't like a song or a romantic comedy and especially NOT like a Disney movie.

My response? I don't give a damn. Just let me have my hopes! I'm sure you'll indulge me in my fairytale, at least in the beginning. The photo also made me think of one of my favorite Norah Jones' song. I want you to come away with me, to get lost in each other, to free fall into each others arms (though I'm pretty sure our height difference is going to be a pretty big problem, indeed), to kiss in the rain, fall asleep in front of the fire and end up laughing after a big argument (Betcha they don't have THAT in many Disney movies!)

COME AWAY WITH ME
Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
Come away with me where they can't tempt us
With their lies

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows
knee kigh
So won't you try to come

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountain top
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me


Our wedding song, perhaps?

xoxo,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment