Monday 30 July 2012

#17

Dear Jellybean,

Put your hand over your chest. Do you feel that? That thump, thump, thump? I know that you know it’s your heart, but do you know how much I’m going to cherish it? I’ll treat it as if it were my own.. With the utmost love and respect. I know words aren’t much without actions, but just read the rest of this for me.

       Perfection isn’t something I’m looking for. I expect you to have bumps and bruises from your past because I do too. If you have trust issues, I’ll be patient in the task of earning your trust. If you’ve gone through a period where depression has enveloped your entire being, I will kiss your scars and be thankful that you’re still here with me. I’m not going to judge you on your past. Whatever happened before me is only important to me for understanding how you’ve become YOU.

         I want to learn everything there is to know about you. From the inside out. Your fears, goals, desires, philosophical ideals.. Anything. I want to memorize the way you smile, the way your hair falls, the glint in your eye when something excites or intrigues you.

       You’ll surprise me everyday with something about yourself. Don’t be ashamed or embarrassed to hold my hand in public. I want people to know I’m so unbelievably proud that your mine. Somehow I must’ve gotten lucky and had you put into my life.

        But most of all I hope you don’t just want something short term. I don’t intend to grow fond of someone and have them rip the carpet out from underneath me again. It’s too painful for me to go through again. Cherish my heart.

       This letter isn’t perfect. It doesn’t sum every daydream and fantasy I have of you. It’s a jumbled mess of me. I hope it makes you smile. Just know, I cannot wait to wrap my arms around you for the first time. To slide my fingers in between yours. To make you feel beautiful every day of your life.

Until that time comes, I’ll be patiently waiting for you and silently searching.

xoxo,

Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment