Friday 27 July 2012

#14

Dear Jellybean,

Since I am Indian I always wonder what kind of wedding we'll have.

Will we have a Big Fat Bollywood wedding or maybe an inter-faith garden wedding with our nearest and dearest or will we go down to the courthouse and just get hitched?

You probably know by now that I don't subscribe to any specific religion but that I do believe in a higher power (but it isn't a deity or anything). I also want you to know that no matter what you believe (or even if you don't) I am happy to incorporate traditions from your culture/religion. I would love an interfaith marriage.

Maybe you're Christian, I don't mind doing a unity candle and having a reading from I Corinthians 13:4-8.
Or perhaps you follow Eastern Orthodox traditions, I would love to incorporate the Crowning ceremony into our special day. Maybe your family has Jewish roots, I would love to have a Ketubah and dance the Horah.

I can't wait to mix and match.
Until then...

xoxo

Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment