Sunday 22 July 2012

#9

Dear Jellybean,

Where am I living now? I know that sounds like a strange question, but it's 2012, remember, and who knows the year in which you're reading this? We could be in a tiny apartment. Or in a sprawling farm house (wouldn't that be quaint?). Or we could be living in a New York City penthouse, me working as a Broadway star, and you...well, you can do whatever you want. I signed a prenup, didn't I?

Anyway, I may be forward thinking about the whole prenup thing, but I've always fancied living in a classic 1950s-style house. The small kitchen with the colored tiles, the carpeted living room with those awesome vintage lamps and the little knickknacks laying about.

What do you think of this house? Isn't it beautiful. Can't you just see our children's art on the fridge, or us sipping lemonade on the porch on a warm summer's evening? Or, how about sipping a martini at our bar? I can.

One caveat, though: Don't expect me to be Betty Draper incarnate a la Mad Men. The house may be vintage, but this girl (read: me) is so modern, I'm almost into the next century by now. Think you can handle that?

Oh, and of course you'll be responsible for all the yard work on said house. Who says you can't at least a little something old-fashioned for yourself?

Until we meet....

xoxo,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment